We have over 20 years experience in the school transport industry and successfully work with numerous schools and colleges, from the smallest village primary to large independent schools and colleges across Staffordshire and Cheshire.
One of the directors of the company is also head teacher at one of the country's top public schools (Surbiton High School.) This ensures that not only are Hollinsheads right up to date with current legislation and best practise from the vehicle operations side of the business, but also have the advantage of an education specialist to advise on any issues or changes in law from a school perspective.
We are happy to help staff with school outing risk assessments and advise on any part of planning for an educational visit e.g. journey timings, the suitability of destinations and length of time needed at a particular attraction.
We can provide references for the level of service that we offer if required; there are some on the testimonials page of this website.
School pupils are the most valuable 'cargo' that any company can carry and we strongly advise anyone to ask operators the following before deciding which coach company to use.
- What level of public liability insurance does the company have?
- Are all drivers CRB checked to an enhanced level?
- Are drivers qualified or working towards obtaining their driver Certificate of Professional Competence?
- Who actually owns the vehicle that you will be hiring?
- Are vehicles subject to the 'daily walk round' check and can this be evidenced?
- Is there an effective emergency policy in place in case of breakdown or illness?